Take me with you wherever you go.
Snap a picture and include me too.
2 Corinthians 5:9
So whether we are at home or away,
we make it our aim to please God.
FLAT JESUS was created as a way to keep our church connected as we approach the travel and transition season of summer. Print out Flat Jesus, color him in, and take of picture of him wherever you go (out to dinner with you, on vacation, to the beach, the farmer’s market, to hang out with your family and friends). FLAT JESUS is a way to meet new friends, too!
How to create your very own FLAT JESUS
1. Print out the double template (attached) on heavy card stock paper if possible. Or pick one from church.
2. Decorate Flat Jesus.Think about what, if anything,his robe should say. What color and type of hair does your Flat Jesus have? What color skin tone? Any accessories? Be creative!
3. Make one for yourself and one for a friend!
4. Place a reminder on the back of your Flat Jesus on how and where to upload pictures. You can upload your Flat Jesus pictures three ways:
5. If you have access to a laminating machine,laminate your Flat Jesus. This way if he attempts to walk on water or spills a lot of wine (or grape juice), he’ll be protected!
6. Take your Flat Jesus everywhere with you and take lots of pictures and then share them with us.
7. Talk with family and friends about what you and Flat Jesus experienced.
8. Have fun!